Friday, March 4, 2011

9/52 Theme: Round or Play

So, like I said a few days ago, I am really going to make an effort to get better with my camera so although I am a little late, I decided to start in on the "Paint the Moon; Let's do 52" challenge and take at least one picture a week and try to make it one that I'm not too embarrassed to post on the group's Flickr page.Week 9's themes were "Play" and "Round." Because I didn't want to get arrested by taking pictures of little kids at a park, I took the latter theme that was easier to do without being seen as a pedophile! Below is my photo that I took this week of a chair that Austin made out of recycled tennis balls. Clearly, I did a lot of adjusting with Gimp. I still don't really know what I'm doing with it, but it's fun to play anyway.
P.S. I did spend too many hours reading tutorials on Gimp today and all I have to show for it is the watermark on the bottom right corner of this photo. However, I found one really good site where the author is generous enough to give step-by-step directions on how to create different effects in Gimp with screen shots to go along so hopefully I will get more creative with my pictures relatively soon.

No comments: