Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Update

Saturday: It rained really hard all day (to the point where things are flooded here, including the tidal basin!), so we did the obligatory running around stopping at Costco, Target, REI, and of course Joann's!  Then we watched Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (free trial weekend of HBO) which was a bit of a disappointment... surprising since I can usually count on Matthew McConaughey for a good chick flick - needless to say, Austin didn't really like what we did on Saturday :)

Sunday: 65˚ and sunny all day.  Woke up late, made banana pancakes and pretended it's the weekend...oh wait, it was the weekend still.  Either way, it was a nice Sunday morning.  We had plans to go to the Nats game, but then we got there and all the $5 tickets were sold out so instead we walked down to the waterfront and then around the monuments.  We found this secret hidden monument (to us at least, I'm sure the rest of the world knows about it) for the signers of the Declaration of Independence.  It's a really nice little park with some water features and benches, and most importantly it is set a ways off from the road so you can just barely make out the soothing sounds of traffic!

And today: 70˚ and cloudy.  Austin had to go back to work today and I have spent the day making a new watermark and not uploading the pictures I took from this weekend - so you get a picture of my kitten instead!  (I'll post the waterfront pictures soon.)

P.s. I have a new countdown clock on my computer for when I get to go home an breathe the fresh mountain air: 17 days!!!!

No comments: