Sunday, July 24, 2011
better than a snack pack (Cream Puffs)
So, it's a little surprising that today was the first day that I made some of my own.
...then I put that into some cream puffs - in short, I promise this will be better than a snack pack :)
Recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
3/4 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 c. milk
4 beaten egg yolks
1 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat. Gradually stir 1 c. of milk mixture into beaten egg yolks.
Recipe from Aunt Betsy
1/2 c. butter
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 450˚. Melt butter in 1 c. boiling water.
2. Add flour and salt all at once. Stir vigorously over heat until dough forms a ball that doesn't separate.
7. Fill with vanilla pudding.