Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Green Springs Gardens

Well, this weekend went much better than the last.  I attribute this to the fact that we had very minimal interaction with others :)  Saturday, we just ran our usual errands, went to Costco, Barnes & Noble, Trader Joe's, and Joann Fabrics (for a secret project that I will show you later! --also the reason that I haven't posted these pictures sooner, I was a little busy the past two days hunched over the sewing machine).

At Barnes and Noble we did get Jillian Michaels' book "Making the Cut."  Austin and I did the first two days of workouts so far...I have never been this sore in my life, even when I was doing yoga for 8 hours a day, for 5 days.  So, I would recommend it!  We are only doing the exercise portion of the book because I refuse to diet, but I'm sure the dieting portion is good too.

Anyway, on Sunday we woke up to snow!  Well, not quite snow...more of a skiff, but snow is snow and as I've probably mentioned before, Washington DC has no way of dealing with any amount of frozen precipitation.  We had planned on going to the kite festival (part of the cherry blossom festival), but it was cancelled due to weather.  Instead we went to the Green Springs Gardens in Alexandria.  It's a really nice little park with a big "glasshouse," and as Austin and I were walking around for a few minutes, I realized this was the first time since we moved out East that we haven't been able to hear traffic...or just barely could hear it!






The park had two nice little ponds with fountains and our first wildlife sightings!  By wildlife, I mean ducks, geese, and a crane of some sort...Maybe we'll figure out how to ride our bikes there since I think this park could quickly become my favorite place nearby.

No comments: