Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fear

The theme for this week's Paint the Moon; Let's do 52 challenge was "Fear" or the alternate theme of "Feet."  I chose to go with the former and struggled coming up with something that fit for me personally.  I'm not one of those people who has a particular phobia that is easy to name (i.e. spiders, flying, etc.), but when I got to really thinking about it I realized that I have an irrational fear that the people that I love will be taken away from me too soon.  Every time someone that I care about gets on a plane, train, or even into a car, I have horrible dreams about everything that could go wrong.  I went to Arlington Cemetery today to take some pictures to represent this fear of death and when I saw the two women walking through the graves, I felt like this was closer to my actual fear: the fear of having to visit the grave of someone I love.

No comments: