Is it summer yet? As far as I can tell, it definitely is. What I'm worried about is the fact that people keep telling me that this is the "nice season" here. 90˚ with 91% humidity is not nice.
Anyway, my favorite part about summer is camping. And I especially like to camp when our meals include more than just rice and oatmeal.
Sometimes when we are feeling extra fancy we pack marshmallows!
The other best part of camping: smelling like smoke for days afterward.
Well, these cookies don't smell like smoke, unless you set your oven on fire while making them - probably should avoid that.
They do taste like s'mores though...take what you can get :)
recipe from Martha Stewart
1/2 c. oats
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
8 oz. chocolate
marshmallows, cut in half
1. Grind oats in food processor.
2. Add flours, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Mix together.
3. Cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg. Mix in dry ingredients.
4. Drop by tablespoons onto two cookie sheets. Top with chocolate.
5. Bake at 350˚ for 11-13 minutes (just lightly golden brown), rotating cookie sheets halfway through.
6. Place halved marshmallows on top. Place in broiler for about 1 minute.
7. Cool on wire racks (and try not to burn your tongue on the marshmallow - because I know you're not actually going to wait until they are cool)!