But have no fear, those brown bananas that sit on your counter are not destined for the trash. In fact, those are the best bananas to cook with! Wait until they are really overripe, and the flavors are more concentrated. Then whip yourself up some delicious quick bread!
Recipe from Grandma Flinn
2 1/2 C. Flour
1 t. Salt
2 t. Baking Soda
1 C. Vegetable Shortening
2 C. Sugar
2 C. Mashed Ripe Bananas (about 6 medium)
4 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 C. Chopped Nuts, optional
1. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
2. Stir and toss together the flour, salt, and soda.
3. In a large bowl, mix shortening, sugar, bananas, and eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the pecans.
6. Or maybe you like chocolate chips better?
7. Bake for 65-70 minutes at 350˚. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, turn onto rack and cool completely.