Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Peach Cobbler

I talked to my mom since my last post (of "my dad's macaroni and cheese") and I was politely informed that, "he's not the only one who makes that."  So anyway, today I thought I would share a recipe that I can credit to my mom.
I'm not saying that my dad never made it, but I did always remember watching my mom put it together and thinking it was magic how the peaches start on top and get to the bottom.  Still don't quite understand that one!

I guess we'll just call that one of life's little mysteries.  Don't look it up on your iPhone...it's ok to just not know.  I promise, it will all be ok.

You know what the best part of this recipe is?  It's mostly fruit.  You know what that means?  You could call it breakfast and I wouldn't judge you for it.  Warm it up and pour some milk over it call it hot cereal. Who could argue with that?  No one, that's who.
PEACH COBBLER
Recipe from Mom!
Peaches - very integral part of the recipe, don't forget these :)
2 T. Butter, melted
Pinch Cinnamon
Pinch Nutmeg
1 T Cornstarch
1/2 C. Water
1 C. Milk
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch Salt
1/2 C. Butter
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg

1.  Peel and cut the peaches.
2.  Dissolve together cornstarch and water.  Pour cornstarch mixture, 2 T. butter, cinnamon and nutmeg over peaches.

3.  Beat milk, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together until smooth.
4.  Melt 1/2 C. butter in 9x13" pan.
5.  Pour batter over butter, then peaches.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
6.  Toss it in the oven for about an hour at 350˚
7.  Take it out.  Pour some milk on top (or ice cream if you prefer) and scarf it down until you're left with just a really cool empty bowl.

2 comments:

qDot said...

I feel like you stole this from me.

Fudge said...

I told you yesterday remember that I had mine ready to be posted...I just had to get the recipe written up.