It really is a perfect weeknight dinner, especially when you are needing a little taste of home!
MACARONI AND CHEESE
Recipe from Dad!
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 1/2 c. milk
2 Tbsp. butter
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. elbow pasta, cooked 7 minutes and drained
1. Prepare your ingredients (a.k.a. shred your cheese).
2. In a medium saucepan combine first 3 ingredients, stir in milk. Add butter; stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in 1 3/4 c. cheese until melted.
4. Add elbows. Pour into greased 2 quart casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle with reserved cheese and bread crumbs over top.
6. Bake uncovered at 375˚ for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Serve it up with some peas...preferably mixing it all together on your plate!