Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Worst Interview Ever!


Austin and I just recently moved out to Washington DC because Austin got a job as a government contractor. We've now been here for a month and I've spent most of that time watching TV and perusing Craigslist. I really have no idea what I want to do out here and as far as I can tell, I am not qualified for any "real jobs" anyway.

A while back I applied at the Starbucks just a couple blocks away from our apartment thinking that would be fine for a little while at least (until my family and I go on the safari this summer). So finally, they called me back and wanted to interview me yesterday.

I showed up for my interview that was scheduled at 10 a.m. at about 9:50. When I walked inside, I asked one of the employees if Robin was there and she told me she wasn't in yet and offered me a coffee while I waited. Robin walked in the door at 10:06 then went into the back room. I waited a while longer thinking she was just putting her stuff down and getting ready. At 10:20 the same employee I talked to earlier went to the back to make sure Robin knew I was there waiting for her. I continued to wait for another 30 minutes!...

At 10:50 she finally came out and introduced herself and only half apologized for making me wait. Then the interview took all of 5 minutes after the long buildup! She asked me questions directly from the form that I assume Starbucks gives out for every interview that they do. The way she conducted the interview was bad enough but the worst part was when she told me how horrible her current employees are and how she wants to fire them all and bring in new people. This is after I have watched her employees literally provide the best customer service I have ever seen at a Starbucks in my life!

And the worst thing: I probably won't even be offered the job because I think I just sat there and stared at her with a dumbfounded look on my face!

No comments: